MY VOICE

My photo
Raebareli/ Varanasi, Uttar-pradesh, India
Prakash Chandra Trivedi (BTech,IIT-BHU, Varanasi) Currently Engineer @ BHEL-Rudrapur, Uttarakhand, India. Hometown: Raebareli, Uttarpradesh, India. You can contact me @ my mailid: trivedi.iit@gmail.com ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My RAMESWARAM Trip

Recently (21.08.10) I got a chance to have a trip to the holiest place SHRI RAMESWARAM situated in Tamilnadu's pamban island (Rameswaram island). It was my great wish from a long time to have a tour to this historical and vey holly place as I am living in Tamilnadu itself from last one year. I do believe on the hindu mythology that whenever God will be pleased to u, automatically somehow u will get chance to travel that place. I am really happy and feeling proud to have a trip to such place where SHRI RAMCHANDRA built a bridge to cross the sea to reach the lanka in search of his wife MATA SEETA from her abductor Ravan. Shri Rama is said to have offered worship at a pre-chosen auspicious moment to a SHIVALINGAM fashioned out of earth by MATA SITA. This lingam is referred to as RAMALINGAM and thats why town is known as RAMESWARAM.

I am proud to see such a magnificient temple. It is believed to be amongst 12 Jyotirlingas based on Hindu vedical system and considered as the southermost teertha. As I studied in Banaras Hindu Univeristy and there only I learned and started loving worship of SHRI SHIVA, the trip added one more count in my bug trips whom I will always remember.
From Trichy to Rameswaram, I reached through train and reached RAMESWARAM early morning. It was heavily raining and there was no auto or bus infront of the railway gate. As many people were going by walk, I  also started amidst such a hevay rain. Within 5 min walk I got an autowala having 2 persons in his auto and requested him to take me to the temple. Within 5 min I was infront of the temple and curiously looking such a marvelous creation. Soon I found a locker room where after keeping all my luggage I left for sea bath (traditional bath before the temple darshn). It was very exciting to have a chilled bath when the water was quite salty and 3-4 times I drank that water to test. I dont know but every moment was looking very exciting and cheerful. From there in wet clothes only I reached infront of the tepmle and found a big que for taking bath from the water of  22 wells around the temple. It is considered as very auspicious and after that only one is allowed to have darshan to SHRI RAMNATHSWAMY (BHAGVAN SHIVA). I realized that the waters of all the wells was not ony quite different in temperature but also in taste. I dont know but it really looks amazing and God gifted quality. It took aorund 1 and half hours to have a bath from all the 22 wells. Then I proceeded for darshan.
 
After darshan I was very hungry and came to Hotel Abhiramy where tasted Idly and hot coffee. I dont know why but during all the time I was feeling very calm, very happy and energetic, it was somekind of inner happiness whom I can't define by words.
I thank to GOD who offred me to have a trip to such a holy,hisotrical,natural and geographically important place.
Her Her Mahadev.......baba Vishwanath Ki jai.........baba Ramnathswamy ki jai......jai Narmdeswar baba.
 


Prakash Chandra Trivedi
BTech, ITBHU
Engineer, BHEL

No comments: